Sunday, April 15, 2012

Part Seven

"Watson?" James echoed as he read over my shoulder. "Like the guy in Sherlock Holmes?"
I rolled my eyes. "Of that entire letter, that's what caught your eye?" I shook my head, and he grinned doofishly. Leave it to my brother to make a creepy and wierd situation feel comfortable. I slid my mother's ring onto my right hand, and James did the same with Dad's. I decided not to think about the freaky coincidence of the passports and turned to James. "Ready to fly to a foriegn country?" I asked him. He shrugged.
"One more thing to check off the bucket list, hey?" He offered me his hand, and I took it. We were maybe half an hour out of the nearest town. If we could get there, we could hotwire a car and get to the nearest airport before tomorrow ended. I broke out into a run, letting go of my brother's hand and racing ahead of him. Over the years of being a fugitive from the Social Services, I had picked up the talent. I even raced a few irked alleycats once.
I highly advise against it.
I could hear James huffing and puffing behind me- it was a fact I was a better runner than him, and we'd been running off and on all day. That didn't slow me down, though. He could man up and deal with it- I wanted to find this Watson dude and find out what was so important.

1 comment:

  1. Great story guys! It's getting more and more interesting. Write more soon!

    ReplyDelete