Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Part 8

Author's Note- Naughty Libbie! I expect some very good, interesting excuses indeed! I suppose I can write a little.

After managing to get to the local airport that I was shocked was still open, James and I sat down in our terminal. We had an hour wait, and so wait we would.
Three minutes into our wait, James spoke up.
"This is terribly boring."
"We've been sitting here for three minutes," I said.
"And they've been the three most boring minutes of my life!" He protested.
"Then take a nap or something," I told him, not in the mood for pointless banter that would accomplish nothing.
He shrugged. "Okay." Settling back into his chair, he closed his eyes and soon I started to hear soft snuffles.
He would be out for a while now.
It didn't take me much longer to recognize why James was so bored. This had to be the most monotonous place I had ever been! Everything was either white or a rather unfashionable shade of navy blue. Every minute or so, the near silence was interrupted by the intercom droning on about checking luggage and not carrying razors onto the airplane.
"This had better be worth it," I muttered to myself. "Because this is torture."

No comments:

Post a Comment