Sunday, January 6, 2013

My Cat is a Drug Lord

So it turns out that we are supposed to write four pages for English. But it is due in about 12 hours and I don't think I could be more creatively challenged if I tried. So I figured "Why not write something that a bunch of people will not read!" (or at least not grade me for). I smell really bad right now. I just saw the premiere of Downton Abbey (season 3). I think that the last 2 minutes of Les Miserables were not only extremely important, but also amazing. I miss talking to my friend Matt. I miss seeing my friend Matt. I miss my friend Matt. I wish that I didn't hate to choose money over passion. I wish I wasn't greedy.I wish I could read better. I wish I wasn't sociopathic at times. I wish I wasn't fat. I wish I had better grades. I wish I cared enough to change them. I wish other people didn't trust me . I wish I didn't kill people's trust in me. I wish I didn't have to be a proper lady all of the time. I wish I had a higher self-esteem. I wish I could notice things. I wish people didn't notice things about me. I wish that my biggest problem was about what I should do next weekend. I wish that a guy liked me. I wish a lot of things. It may make me seem shallow, but whatevsies.
And on a lighter note . . .
We have to write poetry for English. Our teacher told us that someone wrote a poem entitled "My Cat is a Drug Lord". That must have been a fun read. An I have solved the mystery that has been baffling man-kind for centuries.
I found rhymes for orange.
No one ever said it had to be one word. You could say door hinge or floor binge (I don't know what you eat). I love it when people say words exactly how they're spelled. It makes me laugh.
I'm in debate, and I hate to brag, but I'm rather good at (and I have the trophies to prove so). But until yesterday I had never won against two people from our school, so when we (my partner and I) found out we would be going against them, we spent an hour using multiple people to help devise a strategy to beat them. In our plan, we were going to mess up a bunch of stuff and they would only say that we messed up and they would never argue any of the points. We were in cross-examination after my first speech and the guy was asking me questions and he was trying to make me admit that it was too late in the season to be making mistakes. And at some point I said "We're not allowed to make mistakes? I messed up on where to put things. It's not like I accidentally killed someone.". After I said that, everyone in the room started cracking up, including the judge, one of our coaches, and our team captain (I don't know why the latter two were watching our round). It made my day.

2 comments:

  1. I just watched the season premier of Downton Abbey too! It was good. I want to watch more. I love Lady Grantham... She is so funny. And Maggie Smith is an amazing actress.
    And I'm sure you could achieve any goal you set. =)
    Debate is fun. Good job cracking everyone up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You weren't lying when you said you literally wrote this in the deep of the night xD I can tell. Way to cram in, Libbie! Also, I want to read that poem. Sounds...interesting.

    ReplyDelete