Monday, July 9, 2012

Part 9

If the hour of waiting felt like six hours, the eight hour flight felt like days. And the crying baby didn't help. We ran off the plane and out of the airport. Free at last! I thought as the smog filled air filled my lungs.
"Hey Red, whose the guy with the ciggy?" James said nodding at the man in all black leaning on a support beam. James called me 'Red' because he was too lazy to say Scarlett and he claims "Well they mean the same thing!” I think that defiantly strengthens my case that he is a lazy bum. The man shot us a sharp glance, and I realized he had been following us for some time. He was standing in the parking lot where we hotwired the car. He had been on the airplane only a few rows behind us.
"I don't know, but he has been following us since the small town in Illinois."
"Great. We have our own personal stalker from the Russian mob."
"Well I don't think now is the best time for a confrontation."
With this we ran. We were soon followed by stalker and three of his closest friends. When they got closer, we hailed a cab and told the cabbie to "Go!".
"And where are we goin' today mister and missus?" the cabbie asked us with the men in black on our tail.
Wait. I have no idea where to go.
"Do you, by chance, know where a Doctor Joseph Watson lives?" James asked.
Idiot. How on Earth would he know where this man lives?
"Yeah, yeah. I think I know who ya mean," the man said with a little of a chuckle hidden under is heavy cockney accent.
Okay, maybe I shouldn't have thought so quickly. James smiled at me as if he knew what i was thinking the entire time. Bum-face.
"And on the way, lose this cab behind us," I said looking back to see the cab who the cab behind us belonged to.
"O' course missus."

No comments:

Post a Comment