Thursday, December 27, 2012

Great Expectations

We haven't posted in a while, but I swear, we are still alive.
So if you think that this is about the book by Charles Dickens, you are wrong. Prepare for story time with Libbie.
To understand this story, you must first know that one of my favorite books is The Great Gatsby (by F. Scott Fitzgerald) so when I heard they were making a movie of it, with the director being the same man who directed Moulin Rouge, I was extremely excited. I saw a trailer for it sometime over the summer and I remember it said that it was coming out on Christmas. I hadn't heard any different news on it until I was at the theater on Wednesday (seeing Les Mis-and it was amazing) and they had a trailer for it saying it was coming to theaters May 10, 2013. This made me cry a little inside. It also made me think of how your show is supposed to start on time. How your supposed to show up to work/class on time. So the fact that they didn't show up on time was disappointing. The only way to be forgiven for such an atrocity is if the movie is the most  amazing thing since (insert favorite thing here). And if you claim to be a Grammar Nazi, see the link. It's good stuff.
BTDubz (this means by the way to all of you less-educated folk), I think that whenever we post something that is not part of a story, we title the post (FITTINGLY) with the name of a book or movie.
Click here for the Grammar Nazi video. If I haven't coerced you to watch it yet, it also has Stephen Fry . . . He's a comedian. And he's an old English guy. Gotta luv it (sorry, southern Libbie was seeping through).
And in case your really bored . . . memes! I recomend that you look up axe murderer memes. They are hilarious. And a random meme I just found (I love this movie).
        meme just found                                                                           example of axe murder meme
                                    






#boredom



And just incase you were wondering, this is exactly how I talk IRL. Ask Jessica. (I mean all of the weird texting lingo). And this post seems to have really gotten away from the original intent.

2 comments: