Friday, March 2, 2012

Part 1

The forest was asleep. The midnight sky looked like black satin with its only relief being the moon, casting an erie light over the surrounding area. The only noise was coming from the breaking of sticks underfoot and the trees shivering in the wind. James and I were completely silent to each other. I couldn't tell if the silence was out of fear of the night or lack of things to say. The shoe box in my hands was starting to get heavy even though it only held paper and it seemed as though the forest held no edge when- "Scarlett," James said pointing to a small building in the middle of an upcoming clearing. That had to be it. Where else would it be? What I meant was that we were in the middle of a billion trees, how many buildings were scattered around? Part of me wanted to break into a run to finally reach what I thought was the final destination. That after all we had been through, James and I, we could be finally be safe with someone we were told to trust. I was so wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment